Sunday 5 June 2011

Rainy Sundays

Winter is here, and today I was treated to my first 'real' taste of the winter weather I can come to expect, or so I've been told.  Torrential downpours.  Fun.

I'd briefly considered an afternoon trip down to the Valley Lake and the attached wildlife park, but had to turn to plan B instead - Cooking!  The husband, previously cursing the rain because it washed out the go karts was suddenly thrilled about the big wet.

I decided to start with Lasagne, for our dinner, and followed that up with a rather large amount of fried rice for dinner on Thursday night when the Midget has a late dance class.  The reasonably healthy-ish stuff aside, it was time for the good stuff.  Mars bar slice is a huge hit in our house.  So simple, and so yum.  And so already half gone.  Next came gooey chocolate chip cookies - Husband is a big biscuit-and-coffee late at night fan.  

By about 4pm I was bored, so I decided to do a test run of a new chocolate cake recipe I found and was planning on using for the midget's birthday cake in a few weeks.  If the mixture is anything to go by, they will be heavenly.  She has requested a cupcake tower, so I whipped out some royal icing, tinted it pink, added some sprinkles and voila.  She insisted on putting them on the cupcake stand I bought, just so she could see how they would look, and then insisted on getting in the photo I took of them

Mmmmmm cupcakes

Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

INGREDIENTS

100 grams butter (at room temperature)
1 1/2 cups Caster Sugar
1/2 cup Cocoa powder
1 1/4 cups Self Raising Flour
2 eggs
1/2 cup Milk
3/4 cup Chocolate chips

METHOD

1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees (celcius)
2. Line cupcake tray with patty pans
3. Place butter and sugar into mixing bowl.  Using electric beaters, mix butter and sugar until pale and creamy
4. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well between each egg.
5. Sift in flour, cocoa and milk.  Beat until all ingredients are combined.
6. Using wooden spoon, stir in chocolate chips.
7. Fill patty pans with the chocolate cake mixture (approx. 2/3 full)
8. Bake for 15 minutes, or until top springs back when lightly pressed.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment