Friday 3 June 2011

Get to know the crew

Yeah, I know, it's possibly a few days too late to start introducing the crew, but I'm not a big one for convention, so I'll do it now instead.

Midget in action

Dubbed Crazy Little Midget by the Husband and I because a) her initials happen to be CLM and b) because as the picture above indicates, she really is crazy.

Our only child, aged almost 9 (I still refuse to believe it is happening dammit!) Loves books, and is well on her way to joining me at bookdepository anonymous.  Also loves dancing - Jazz, Tap and Ballet, and is a member of her dance schools U/10 troupe, Netball, Music, Sewing and Go karting.  Yes, I know, a kind of strange mix of interests, the go karting is kind of unexpected, but like I said, she is a rather strange child.  Major Diva and wannabe fashionista.  Appears to be made of elastic.  The sweetest child alive.

At the Zoo, with Funi

ElastiGirl



Next comes the Husband.  My husband is not Midget's biological father, but is none the less her much loved Daddy, and we all got married in a family ceremony in March 2010.  He gave both me and her a ring, and made vows to both of us.  A wonderful person 


Last, but definitely not least, would be me.  I'm 29, Midgets mum and husband's wife.  I'm slightly more of a book nerd than is possibly good for me, regularly going through around 3 to 4 books a week.  It makes the husband slightly nervous whenever he sees the parcel delivery van pull up in the driveway because it's nearly always more books.  I love to cook and bake, and work by the theory of why make 1 option when I can make 2 (or 3, or 4) and have recently been dubbed official family dessert supplier for all family functions (thanks to one of the husband's cousins after I turned up for easter lunch bearing 6 options for a 20 person lunch, whoops)  I get that from my Nan, who famously over catered every single event she ever hosted.  

Midget and I, many years ago in 2006


Also part of the family is BJ, our Blue Heeler.  Also known as Chicken dog due to the fact that every time you even pick up the hose he runs and hides.  It doesn't even have to be turned on.  He is quite possibly the worlds laziest Heeler, but luckily for him he is probably the world's cutest - but I'm not biased or anything :)  Also known to sulk if he doesn't get his own way, which is kind of hilarious.


And there you have it, an introduction to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment